Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August Memories


In August a magical thing happened...
I was able to return 
to spend time with family at a very special cottage in Maine.
Many many years ago it belonged to my grandparents.
My siblings and I were fortunate to be able to spend every summer 
since we were little babies at the cottage with family 
and cousins, aunts and uncles all around us as we grew up into
teenagers and young adults.
The memories of those summers are deep within me 
and resurfaced when I was able to step back 
into the cottage and see familiar things...

Though the screened in porch has been closed in
with real windows it was still wonderful to sit
out there and play cards and even paint.



The door knobs were the same and the
kitchen cabinets and bead board walls.

Loved seeing the wall scone, another
sight from the past.
There were so many little reminders...


My brother and his children and my grand nephew
built an elaborate castle and boat!




I love that beach in the fog...


and when it is stormy and I can look out of 
the upstairs window as the waves rush in...


and even when it rains...it was so cozy!
 

2 comments:

Lori ann said...

that is so special nan, i love that you have this memory and house still to keep it alive. it looks like a magical place, i can tell i would love it. i'm glad you had the time there.

Nan and =^..^= said...

Thanks Lori!
I am so glad to see you are back and I love your photos!