Sunday, June 14, 2009

Roses Along the Marginal Way


Saturday evening ( last night) we took a ride to
Ogunquit in hopes of finding a parking
space near the Marginal Way.
I had a yearning to walk along the footpath
overlooking the ocean when the beach roses
are blooming.
After getting a little bit lost on the back
roads, we found the spot where we can park for free.
It was so beautiful and we had just enough time,
before the sun set, to take it all in.

I'd like to share the walk with you via my photos.











We noticed this lovely quote along the way,
just after an experience with a chipmunk
which was most appropriate on many levels.

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread,
places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and cheer
and give strength to body and soul alike."
John Muir


To see what I mean click here to visit my
Furry and Feathered Friends blog and meet
this unusual chipmunk.
I stopped to photograph the chippy
and then others stopped, til the chipmunk looked like
a celebrity who wasn't phased by an audience.

6 comments:

Willoughby said...

I love the quote. Your pictures are beautiful, I can't get over how gorgeous the roses are.

Roses and Lilacs said...

What a lovely place. The quote is very appropriate. It is so strange, the roses in my garden have to be pampered and yet those are growing in some sever conditions.
Marnie

Ruthie Redden said...

now that looks like my kind of walk, so beautiful and peaceful. love the quote too.

Naturegirl said...

This quiet walk along the path is just what I needed! Loved it and thank you for allowing me.So true:
"where nature may heal and cheer
and give strength to body and soul alike." Muir is so right in saying this...a quote I am placing in my journal for a bit of a challenge ahead for me.smiles and hugs NG

Nan and =^..^= said...

Willoughby,
I love that quote and had seen it on another blog and was so surprised when it appeared on the Marginal Way...a good reminder!

Marnie,
The Marginal Way is such a beautiful place...it had sustained some damage from storms but much care has been given to it to restore the damage.
I know what you mean about the roses!

ruthie,
Thanks for visiting... I love your wonderful walks and observations...

Naturegirl,
I am so glad you enjoyed the walk and I am thinking of you and hope everything goes smoothly. With very best wishes, Nan

ShySongbird said...

I seem to have been neglecting you Nan, I do hope you will forgive me!

You have such beautiful photos here, what a lovely place to walk and relax, and the quote was lovely. I also loved the previous post, the roses with the blue/mauve flowers was gorgeous, such a lovely colour combination. I shall pop over to check on F&FF now.