Friday, October 2, 2009

Lilies, Carved Pumpkin and Art


It's amazing to see yellow lilies blooming in October
in Maine but "Sandra Elizabeth" is going strong as
long as we don't have a frost!


D took out his set of pumpkin carving tools
late this afternoon and started carving on the deck
at the Spooky Art Show at Kennebooks in Kennebunk!

...an interesting pumpkin head!


Here's the ink and watercolor I created
for the Spooky Art Show and I called it "Dark Shadows".
There was an amazing coincidence that
occured with this....

6 comments:

Willoughby said...

I love that pumpkin! We carve some interesting pumpkins the more traditional way (cutting pieces all the way out), but I would love to learn that technique!

quiltcat said...

I'll bet people were very impressed with D's pumpkin carving skills...that's real art! Your pen and ink looks suitably spooky. I love the blooming lilies...and i've got the very same lovely blue asters!

Judy Hartman said...

The pumpkin face carved by D is amazing! And I do admire your 'Dark Shadows' piece!
What lovely lilies! My last flowers for the season are the blooms on my "Endless Summer Hydrangea" bush, which has lived up to its name since we got it four years ago.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Love the pumpkin!!! It looks like something from a very old time.

Your painting is wonderful. I really like the way you framed the picture with leaves.
Marnie

Nan and =^..^= said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and D thanks you, too!
He may be carving another one soon to adorn a scarecrow for the Scarecrow Festival coming up soon!

Yarrow said...

That pumpkin is incredible! I love your painting, it's gorgeous, what was the coincidence? :)

kx