Saturday, July 31, 2010

Almost a Nightmare

When we arrived at the library this morning to set up my art show,
I unpacked all of my 44 pictures and lined them up on the floor.




The new system for hanging artwork looked like it should be much
easier than the last time but we ran into a big problem.
We realized there wasn't enough fishing line and fastener hooks.
Fortunately we found more line but not the hooks.
When D says something is a nightmare, I really worry for he usually
can solve any problem. He did find a workaround but it took all of
3.5 hours to set it up finishing just when the library closed for the day!



There was absolutely no way that I could have
figured out how to hang them...
plus the line had been cut short from previous
exhibitors so my art
is rather high on the wall.
D was trying to figure out ways to add extensions.




Luckily D is tall enough to reach the ceiling
without a ladder for the top end of the line
hooks into the moulding along the very top
of the wall.
I'm so thankful it is done and
we were both so exhausted!

5 comments:

quiltcat said...

What a potential nightmare! Glad that D was able to workaround the problem...and the pictures look wonderful up on the wall. Best of luck with the show!!

Nan and =^..^= said...

Thanks so much quiltcat!

Erin @ I Heart New England said...

Oh, wow... sounds horrible! I'm glad that everything worked out in the end though!

acornmoon said...

All's well that ends well.

ruthie said...

How great to know that all was sorted in the end, good luck with the exhibition x x