Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Greetings



My name is Ellie May and I am an artist cat and I have my own studio nestled in a garden in Maine several miles from the sea. I share the studio with N, an artist who had a Gallery near my first home by the sea in a quaint tourist town on the coast of Maine. When I was a young and fancy free kitten, I used to visit her and her husband, D and we became close friends til one day I moved right into their Gallery and never left. I became their official greeter, helped with sales, and did my own art ( torn paper abstract), I provided pet therapy to people on vacation who missed their pets and I had a fan club of many dogs and a few cats who stopped by my door to see me.

We moved from the Gallery in 2002 into the studio that D had built in their garden. The house that D and N built is beside the studio and there resides
sweet Polly, a brown tabby ( who is my daughter, another story) and a handsome ginger and white fellow named Brody.



I help N with her art now...I sort of guide her by sitting on her lap as she paints or I watch over her from one of my many baskets on her work table. I help her to get the true feeling of the pets she paints when she does commissioned pet portraits.
We love the same things: birds, chipmunks and other wild critters, flowers, shells, and the sea. Nature is very important to us!
With her ink and watercolors she turns all of the things we love into works of art that provide cherished memories for us and others.
Some are turned into prints, and she also makes little pins, note cards, bookmarks and is working on her own little books.
Working from photos, N loves making custom paintings for others of their pets, houses, and children. It gives her great pleasure to help others preserve their cherished memories with art.

We both miss all of the people, dogs and cats we used to meet in the Maine Memories Gallery, many of whom became friends who returned year after year. I thought it would be a good idea to get this blog started for her so we could continue to connect with those who may share similar interests in pets, wildlife, birds, nature, gardens, the sea and N's art (ink and watercolors) and photography and Maine.


"Ellie May's first home where the river meets the sea"

all artwork and photographs ©2008Nancy Cooper Funk
and may not be reproduced All rights reserved



1 comment:

Kim said...

Oooh, big welcome to Blogland, Ellie May and N :) I hope you enjoy the blogging community, it's a lovely place full of wonderful, kind and inspiring people. Check out a few people on my blog list, but only if you can afford to lose several hours ;)

Kim x

ps, thanks for the email, I'll reply as soon as I can :)