Friday, October 17, 2008

Kita Cat


When I awoke this morning and
glanced out of the window
the moon was still visible.

And then I saw her, Kita cat.

Kita lives through the woods behind the houses across the street in a
horse barn. We met her for the first time last fall when she
appeared in our yard and we thought she was homeless.
We were worried about her for the weather was getting cold and nasty.

She was the friendliest cat and would
sit on D's back while he was digging in the garden.

After calling everyone in the neighborhood we finally
discovered where she lived.
A year has gone by since we've seen her in our yard and when
I peered out of the window this morning, there she was!
Her fur patterns are the colors of autumn.




Ellie May watched with great concentration from the
studio window.



3 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for emailing me. Sometimes I wonder if anybody's listening - glad to know you're there. Feel free to link to my blog as I will to yours. But then I'll start feeling guilty if I don't blog every day. At least I do. Keep up the good work, your painting is lovely. I used to paint....but then work got in the way.
Laura

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Edward and I have enjoyed visiting your lovely blog this evening. The photograph of Ellie Mae at the window is wonderful!

Happy weekend to you from both of us!

Nan and =^..^= said...

Laura and Pamela Terry and Edward,
Thanks so much for your comments!
This is all new to me and I am still trying to figure out how everything
works!
best wishes,
Nancy & Ellie May