Sunday, October 26, 2008

I've been tagged

I've been tagged by Kim at Oakmoon The rules are:


1.Link to the person who tagged you

2.Post the rules on your blog

3.Write 6 random things about yourself

4.Tag 6 people at the end of the post, link to them

5.Let each person know they've been tagged

6.Let tagger know when entry is up

So, here are the 6 random things about me.

1. I can juggle to the amazement of myself and others.

2. I have adapted to drawing and painting with a cat on my lap.

3. I love clouds, especially big dark blue clouds with shades of other blues and pinks.

4. I am afraid of lightning and was in our house that my husband and I were building when lightning struck just outside the house. It went into the ground and came up through our cellar floor (which was sand at the time) and into the room we were in. A giant flash burst before our eyes and then disappeared. Just prior to that, D ( my husband) had said, "Don't worry, it won't strike here!" After that, we decided we needed lightning rods!

5. I always have my cameras with me and before I got a digital camera I would carry around several very heavy old 35 mm cameras that thankfully were built like tanks. One day I dropped my old pentax spotmatic and it fell down a whole flight of wooden stairs that echoed the sound all the way down! My heart sank until I realized the camera still worked!

6. I love baskets and fortunately so do our cats, which gives me a good excuse for collecting them.

I would like to tag, in no particular order:

Gretel at Middle of Nowhere
Fat Eric Fat Eric and Friends
Sian at Here Be Dragons
Susan at It's a Whimsical Life
We Three Cats at We Three Cats
Celia at Purple Podded Peas

Thanks for taking part, but only if you want to, of course :)

7 comments:

Kim said...

Great random facts :) Scarey about the lightning!

Kim x

Sian said...

Hello!
Thank you for the tag - I will do it sometime this week and I echo Kim about the lightning. Glad we don't have storms like that over here :o)

Nan and =^..^= said...

Kim and Sian, thanks so much for writing!
We've had some scary lightning storms over the years. I remember one in particular, when we lived in Connecticut and were driving over a mountain during the winter in a snow blizzard and there was also lightning! Very unusual!

Nan

Gretel said...

LOL, painting with cats...my studio is a cat free zone! Would you mind terribly if I bowed out of this tag, simply because I've done it before and there really isn't anything left about me to tag? I am a very boring person really. :)

Celia Hart said...

Hi Nan! Thanks for saying hello on my blog.

And thanks for the tag - maybe it's time to reveal some more random facts about myself!

I can't juggle and love thunder & lightning storms (but have never had a close encounter as you have). Like you I have 'studio cats' and lots of baskets!

One day I might make it to Maine - we aimed to holiday there once but with storms and roads flooded we turned west, drove all the way to Vermont before the sun shone!

Celia

Nan and =^..^= said...

pg, that is fine! This was the first time I was tagged and I had so much difficulty thinking of 6 things.

My studio cat, Ellie May, is a professional artist cat! Before I moved to my home studio, we had a gallery (of our own work) in the little town, closer to the ocean. Ellie May has quite a story but to make it brief here, she had lived next door but chose to move into our gallery. She became the official greeter and helped with sales, did her own art (torn paper) and she became a celebrity of sorts ...many tourists and dogs would stop by to see her.
Somehow she manages to walk over all of my art supplies as I work without really disturbing much...her little paws seem to find the tiniest open spaces. I try to make sure she has her own scraps of paper to work with for she does like to tear paper and I put the things I'm working on out of her reach!
Thanks for visiting again!

Nan and =^..^= said...

magic cochin, thanks for writing and I'm looking forward to your random facts!

Years ago, my brother had taught me to juggle (he's very good at it). He suggested practicing with lacrosse balls and remember to "throw, throw, catch, catch!"
My husband and I had just moved to Maine and were renting an apartment on the 2nd floor of a house (the landlady lived below us). I would practice juggling over our bed for I dropped them so many times, I don't think she would have appreciated the sound. It was a magic moment when I finally got all three of them in the air without dropping them!

I have seen your 'studio cats' on your blog and always enjoy seeing photos of them and loved the little movie! They remind me of our other two cats that live in the main house... Polly (a brown tabby), and Brody (a ginger). If you visit my other blog, Furry and Feathered Friends, you can see more of them!

If you should return to Maine for a vacation, hope you can stop by!

Nan