Sunday, December 12, 2010

December Garden Vegetables


It's been a stormy Sunday, started out early with
black ice! Warming up to rain and wind and it's
still going on tonight!


Snuggled in her counter basket is Polly.
She kept me company while I prepared the
vegetables that D brought in from the garden tonight.
Am amazed to still have some really fresh veggies
in December!


Love Swiss Chard and wish we could have it all
through the rest of the winter but I think this
may be nearing the end of it.


Brussel sprouts...thought the freezing temperatures
over the past weeks might have done them in
but these seemed fine!
Such a treat!

2 comments:

Willoughby said...

Polly looks so comfortable in her basket!

I'm still amazed that you have fresh vegetables from your garden in December! I wish I did!

Nan and =^..^= said...

Willoughby,
Thanks for writing!
Oh, it's going down to about 10 degrees tonight, hmmm, don't know how much longer those vegetables can survive!