Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bicycle Ride

Cooler and cloudy weather made today
the perfect temperature for me
to take the bike out and ride to town to do an errand...
then I found myself continuing to pedal until I reached
the sea where I paused and to my surprise I was treated to
the sight of terns flying and diving.

PS. Here are some photos of my bicycle ride observations


A tern diving and you can see the 2 cirlces where
the cormorants had been....

I didn't realize when I took this photo what I was
actually capturing...
looks like a fish in the air above the cormorant!


...on the way to the ocean...

a field of goldenrod on the way home...

4 comments:

quiltcat said...

great day for a bike ride...not too hot, and not raining! looking forward to more of your pics...

Willoughby said...

You have such beautiful scenery to enjoy on your bike rides. I can't wait to see more pics!

Roses and Lilacs said...

It sounds lovely. The heat is coming back this weekend and along with it the high humidity. I don't think I'll be walking or riding much until it cools back down.
Marnie

quiltcat said...

oh, you added some more pictures! that's a great picture of the cormorant tossing the little fish up in the air!