Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Foggy Day



The fog greeted me through the window
this morning
and lingered throughout the day.

Later we took a walk along the beach.

Reaching the jetty, I looked down the
Kennebunk River and through the fog
I could
barely see the soft outline of the
building
where our gallery had been.



...while walking down the beach near the jetty,
I turned the corner and there, sitting on a log,
was a perfect little pumpkin, that must have floated
in with the tide... the sand still clinging to it.


In the distance, a father and daughter
walked along the jetty.
Their little dog joined them.

...there's something special about a foggy day!

2 comments:

Sian said...

I like fog too, it has a nice, gentle feeling about it :o)

Nan and =^..^= said...

sian, I feel the same way...the fog can be very soothing.