Saturday, November 1, 2008

Salute to Veterans


Thank you to all Veterans and those who serve.

(that's my Dad saluting (on the left) as he marched in the Veterans Day Parade)

His philosophy is
"No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted."
Aesop

He was a combat medic in WWII with the 45th Infantry Division
and served in Italy,
France and Germany. The 45th Division
liberated Dachau Concentration Camp on
April 29, 1945.

He came across this on the internet a few nights ago
and saw himself there, to his surprise!

click the above image to see it larger
(PS. The Connecticut Veterans Day Parade this year was
Sunday, November 2, 2008 and my Dad marched again.)


My father-in-law is also a Veteran.
He served in the Navy during World War II
in the Pacific.

2 comments:

Buskitten said...

Hi Nancy,
I've just popped over from Scotland to have a look at your blog - Wow! Your work is amazing! Absolutely beautiful.
I have just returned from shopping, and bought my poppy for Rememberance Day. My dad was a prisoner of war in Burma (helped to build the railway) and we must never forget the sacrifices which were made.
Just goiing back to look at more of your stuff.
Best Wishes,
Liz

Nan and =^..^= said...

Hi Liz,
Thanks so much for visiting and for your lovely comment!
The kitties and I will enjoy visiting your blog everyday!
best,
Nan