Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Weathervane Surprise

Late this afternoon, while waiting for D,
I was gazing across the river and the fireman
weathervane on the old firehouse caught
my eye.

I had taken photos of it at the
beginning of the month when I was on
the other side of the river and the moon was out.

I zoomed in and took some photos.
It looked a little strange in my tiny viewfinder.
Wasn't til I was home and looking at the
larger image on my computer that I realized
what I captured through the lens.




Blackbirds were perched on it, even
on the fireman's helmet which caught
the setting sun.
I was thrilled and am going to do a
drawing of this magical moment!

2 comments:

quiltcat said...

Interesting moment! especially how brassy his helmet looks and how dark the birds are. I'd love to see your drawing when it's done!

Roses and Lilacs said...

That is a great photo. Seems to be a gathering place for the local birds.
Marnie