Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Chaos in the Studio


This time of year I end up trying to do too many
things at the same time, resulting in chaos in my
studio. I can barely find a space to walk through.
I tend to think that I work better under pressure.
Someone shared this quote, " If it wasn't for the
last minute, nothing would get done." That sure
does seem to apply to me.
Well, I must focus on my work and will be back
a little later.
How do you handle this time of year and
I hope your life is not as hectic!

3 comments:

quiltcat said...

Hi Nan. It may look like chaos to you, but that picture from your studio looks lovely and serene, especially with Polly in her basket. I claim not to like to work under pressure, yet i actually do work better if there's a tangible deadline. Right now, though, there are too many deadlines, and things are starting to get out of control!

Roses and Lilacs said...

I've always been that way--like Scarlett O'Hara, "I'll think about that tomorrow."

Like Quiltcat said, your studio looks organized and relaxing;) Looks like a place that I would enjoy working in.
Marnie

Nan and =^..^= said...

quiltcat and Marnie,
Oh, thanks! I'm afraid if you saw the rest of it you might change your mind!
I do love my studio for it is such a serene place but I have so much out and piled on top of each other on all surfaces and on the floor...it gets to a point where I have to stop and reorganize and think enough is enough.
It's especially difficult when you're just going on intuition as to what to display and bring in a limited space for the fair. My space in the hall 10 feet long and 4 feet deep. Well, back to work and thanks so much for writing!
Nan