Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Quiet Day


Early this morning ( 3:15 am. to be exact) the power
went out, second time in several weeks.
This time it was due to high winds. Fortunately,
the outside temperature reached 40 degrees and the
sun was shining in the windows so the inside temperature
only dropped 58 degrees before the power returned
at 10:30 this morning. I was so happy to be able to cook!
Today was a quiet day spent with D and the kitties,
cooking, eating, watching the birds, preparing to draw
and taking an afternoon walk on the beach.
The lack of power really makes me appreciate the simple things.

A ladybug suddenly appeared on one of my
shells in my window this morning.

While walking on the beach this afternoon,
I came upon a sand dollar blending into the sand.

3 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

Power outages in the dead of winter scare me more than anything. We have ladybugs getting into the house too. I guess the poor things want to be warm. Aren't they supposed to be good luck?
Marnie

Nan and =^..^= said...

Marnie,
These power outages are scaring me, too! Out for a few hours is tolerable but when it goes out for any extended length of time, it is miserable and dangerous!
I hope ladybugs are good luck! Well, the power did return before things got too bad so maybe the ladybug had something to do with that!
take care,
Nan

quiltcat said...

I do hope you can get some sort of reliable backup heat source! the light on the sand dollar is gorgeous, and the grains of sand look like beads...nice.