Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Touch of Summer in April

There was a hint of summer early this morning
and we headed for the beach for a walk.
The clouds rolled in and kept it from being
uncomfortably hot!


Back in our garden, I was thrilled to
see the magnolia blooming.
As I wandered through the garden
with my camera, I came upon so many
sights I wanted to capture.
The tulips and pink hyacinths, tiny violets
and scilla, so many daffodils and
flowers that I can't remember the names of.


Also exciting were the vegetables from last
year, some very tiny parsnips, rhubarb, onions...

Then I settled down to paint birds with my cat Ellie May!

6 comments:

Gemma Mortlock said...

Gorgeous photo's especially the one with the sea view!
Glad you had such a great day.
Gem
x

quiltcat said...

Beautiful photos! our weather jumped into summer overnight, too...94 degrees yesterday afternoon! i know i was complaining about the cold, but this wasn't exactly what i had in mind *g*.

Roses and Lilacs said...

If I had your lovely views, I'd never get anything done. I'd be walking the beaches all the time.
Marnie

Nan and =^..^= said...

Gemma,
thanks! I love clouds and they were very 3D and yet it wasn't cold!

quiltcat,
Wow, 94 degrees is much too high for April, I can't tolerate the heat in summer and the 80's are too much for me! I've been comparing the temperature here in Maine with Connecticut and we're 20 to nearly 30 degrees colder!

Marnie,
I love to draw and paint the scenes around me so in a way, the beach is a part of my work! My favorite times to walk on the beach are on cloudy days and in the early evening. I also love fog!

Kim said...

The beach looks so inviting. I'd love to just walk and walk along it :)

I have a little award for you on my blog, but understand if it's not really your thing. You deserve recognition though, for your lovely blogs :)

Kim x

Minka said...

Time. Everything takes time. As did spring, so will summer. I think we should enjoy each as they arrive and stay.

The photo is nice though.